2017 GigaNet Annual Symposium will take place on December 17, 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland at Salle 15 Centre International de Conférences Genève (CICG).
The Symposium takes place on Day Zero of the 12th annual meeting of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), held between December 18 and 21.
- Marianne Franklin, Giganet Steering Committee Chair
- Milton Mueller, Program Committee Chair
- Jeremy Malcolm: Contested Meanings of Inclusiveness, Accountability and Transparency in Trade Policymaking
- Undra Baasanjav: International Domain Names (IDNs) and Language Rights
- Aaron van Klyton, Soomaree and Arrieta Paredes: The multistakeholder model of Internet governance, ICANN, and the business sector: Practices of hegemonic power
- Jan Aarte Scholte: Complex Hegemony: The IANA Transition in Global Internet Governance
- Mark Datysgeld : Understanding the role of States in Global Internet Governance: ICANN as a case study
- René Mahieu, Hadi Asgahri and Michel van Eeten: MAPPED: Creating an evidence base for assessing the effectiveness of the right of access for transparency and user control
- Amanda Nunes Lopes Espiñeira Lemos and Lahis Pasquali Kurtz: Sovereignty over personal data in Brazil
- Hans Klein: A Holistic Model of Internet Development and Governance
- Rafael Prince and Nathalia Patrício: Net neutralities: no neutral definition
- Brenden Kuerbis and Farzaneh Badiei: Mapping the cybersecurity institutional landscape
- Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix: Who Owns the Addresses? The IPv4 Addresses Distribution Process, Its Actors and Their Legal Entitlements
- Stéphane Couture and Sophie Toupin: What Does the Concept of “Sovereignty” Mean in Digital, Network and Technological Sovereignty?
- Sara Solmone: Fulfilling freedom of expression online: The problem of access-based jurisdictional approach in Internet-related cases
- Kseniia Ermoshina and Francesca Musiani: Standardizing by running code: The Signal protocol
- Louise Marie Hurel and Luisa Lobato: Unpacking Cybernorms: Private companies as norms entrepreneurs
- Natasha Tusikov: Internet Firms as Global Regulators
- Fabricio Solagna and Diego R. Canabarro: The participation of nongovernmental stakeholders in Internet governance in Brazil: An assessment of CGI.br’s elections
- Yik Chan Chin and Changfeng Chen: Internet Governance in China: Exploration of Power Relationship
- Gianluigi Negro: The Global Construction of the Chinese Internet, 1994 – 2014